SAS (Statistical Analysis Software)
SAS (pronounced “sass”, originally Statistical Analysis System) is an integrated system of software products, SAS Online Training is a one of the best SAS Online Training institute across the globe, we provide clinical SAS Online Training, Financial SAS Online Training,SAS Online Training with project SAS Online Training is a one of the most renowned,saptraining institute in INDIA saptrainings.com mainly for students who want to learn from home.
What Is SAS ?
SAS stands for Statistical Analysis System, It got initiated in North Carolina State University for analyzing the agriculture research. With the success of the system, it then got officially launched in 1976 for the use in big pharmaceutical companies, banks and government bodies. These days, it is considered to be the best system for data management and statistical analysis. It can run on almost all the platforms, whether it is Windows or UNIX. SAS online training gives birth to a vital need of educating and training the entire workforce to endure through this world of competition. This need is fulfilled effectively by e-learning. Internet technology uses this new method of education, to deliver the digital content, in order to provide the learning environment to the students.
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions SAS helps customers at more than 70,000 sites in 139 countries, including 91 of the top 100 companies on the 2013 Fortune Global 500®list. An overwhelming majority of customers choose to continue using SAS every year. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.
- SAS (pronounced ‘sass’) once stood for “Statistical Analysis System,” and began at North Carolina State University, USA in 1976.
- SAS officially dropped the name Statistical Analysis System, because of its diversified products and now became simply SAS.
- SAS – both the software and company
- 1970s – The roots of SAS software started out as a software package for statistical analysis.
- 1980s – SAS had already branched out into graphics, online data entry and compilers for the C programming language.
- 1990s – The SAS family tree grew to include tools for visualizing data, administering data warehouses, and building interfaces to the World Wide Web.
- 2000’s – SAS has continued to grow with products for cleansing messy data, and analyzing genetic data.
- Now, SAS is more than statistics because of its diverse family of products, most of these products are integrated; that is, they can be put together like building blocks to construct a seamless system
iv Now, What – Why – Where is SAS
What is SAS?
SAS is a software suite developed by SAS Institute for advanced analytics, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics. It is the largest market-share holder for advanced analytics.
- The SAS system is an integrated system of software products.
- It provides tools to make the data useful and meaningful.
SAS is a flexible and extensible fourth generation programming language designed for data access, transformation and reporting
Why is SAS?
Any analytical application must perform following 4 basic tasks with the data…
– Data Access
– Data Management
– Data Analysis
– Data Presentation
- SAS provides a complete application development environment to cater to these four basic tasks.
- Powerful, Flexible and Easy to use for various business needs.
- Applications can run on more than one computing environment through its Multivendor Architecture (MVA) – Platform Independent.
- Single integrated system.
SAS System enables you to access data no matter where or how they are physically stored.
Where is SAS?
The SAS system enables you to perform the following tasks…
- Data entry, retrieval, and management
- Report writing and graphics design
- Statistical and mathematical analysis
- Business planning, forecasting and decision support
- Operations research and project management
- Quality improvement
- Applications development
V SAS Operating Environments
- SAS software runs in a wide range of operating environments, because SAS programs are as portable as possible
- SAS software runs in Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Mainframes…etc.
VI SAS Products
Few of the SAS Products …
- SAS/ETS – Econometrics and Time Series Analysis
- SAS/MDDB Server
- SAS/OR – Operations Research
- SAS/QC – Quality Control
- SAS/STAT – Statistical Analysis
- SAS Enterprise Guide
VII SAS in Domains
Top-5 domains where SAS is popular
- Pharmacy or Life Sciences
- BFSI (Financial Services)
- FMCG or CPG
- Health Insurance or Health Care
VIII SAS official websites
IX Education Qualification
Any graduate or post graduate in Science/Special Science/Technical/Management/Researcher with basic programming knowledge and it includes…
- BBA/MBA (Any specialization)